New Distributor Cap and Rotor

Posted: January 19, 2014 in Information, TuneUP
Tags: ,

I swear I should post pictures.  Today we changed the distributor cap and rotor.  It was a quick maybe 30 minute job.  It actually took longer for the auto parts person to figure out what we had.  He thought he had it pegged but when we compared it, it was way off.  He cross checked the number to BWD P-Series parts.

The cap I have is a BWD P-Series part C198P  (I’ll put that on my parts page) and the rotor is also a BWD P-Series D157P.

I’d never changed it before since buying the truck and when idling, you can just about hear it missing at least one cylinder if not always, then most of the time.  The new one doesn’t seem to do that, so we may be good to go.  I think we changed the plugs about a year and a half ago.  I’ll add a tune-up page so I can keep track of that and I’ll add these to the parts page.

 

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Harry Melick says:

    I’m working on a 64 C20. I read all your postings with much interest. I’ve experienced many of the tribulations you have and would welcome additional contact with you as our projects progress.

  2. dewitte says:

    Hello – feel free to post any questions or comments here. I’m not progressing very fast on it, but I do drive it all the time. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s